Friday, August 28, 2009

Let it Ride.





Yesterday I received a series of manic emails from the blogger at the Hawley blog. They began innocently, as follows...

Hey. I need help. Go to your local KFC and see if they’re selling a “bacon” sandwich that uses fried chicken as the buns. If so, I need a picture of it by 3 PM (EST)!!! Seriously, go at your lunch break. Thanks

They slowly got more insistent....

@##@!^& it, seriously. Buy the sandwich, photo it several times and email
them to me. This is for a writing job!


And then...
Well, when do you leave school? Do you have time during a planning period? I
seem to remember the KFC is just across the street from the school.... I
just need some shots today. This "Double Down" could be the break I'm
looking for and God knows a nutrition-deprived hell hole like Poteau would
be THE place for a crusty ole KFC to be serving 'em up by the truckload!
Don't let me down.


And finally...
Well don't do it if you get in trouble. I'll focus my energy elsewhere. Good
day.


This inspired me to assign my students to create gross sandwiches. Here are some of the results:







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet Jebus! That's an actual sammich??? I just threw up a little...

Your students seem mildly obsessed with UPS boxes :) Some of them have some great ideas though! Cotton on a sandwich has to be one of the worst things ever.

Unknown said...

Oh, and I'm WAY impressed with the picture of Stewie Griffin!